Friday, April 2, 2010

At least I did something, right?

Oh my god I am sore. I woke up this morning and my hips are killing me. I’m definitely regretting not pushing myself harder over these past couple of months, because my lack of time at the gym is definitely showing right now. Last year I bought “the stick” (www.thestick.com) which helps with sore muscles, and it was luckily right next to my bed when I woke up. After spending about 10 minutes using it on each leg, I decided I was definitely not ready to go to the gym, and was going to be lazy for another half hour.

3 hours later, I got myself out of bed and got dressed for the gym. On my walk there I felt like I was walking lopsided. I felt 64, not 24, and I am not proud of it. All I kept telling myself is I have to run through this soreness or it will never go away, and I also have a lot more miles to run and can’t give up on my streak now! I got on the treadmill expecting to run 3 miles today. I ran one mile and had to stop. My breathing was off, my legs hurt, and I just knew today was going to be one of those days where I don’t feel successful with my work out. Worst of all, I got on a treadmill where the TV didn't work, and I forgot a towel again. This workout was doomed from the get go. I tried to walk a little bit more, put on an upbeat song and think positive thoughts. I ended up running ½ a mile before stopping again. In order to not feel like a complete waste, I made sure my workout was a total of 30 minutes and got off the treadmill. I'm not exactly proud of today, but at least I did something and I knocked some more miles off. I need to look up a good stretch for my hips, and try to drink as much water today as possible. If not, my workout tomorrow will be shortlived as well.

5 miles down/70 to go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm book marking your blog and am planning on reading it religiously, so when you feel like slacking slash you have no motivation, know that I'm cheering you on!!! This is really cool, I know you're going to do it!--Katie Ann Brennan.

    ReplyDelete