Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I know, I know, I'm sorry...

I've clearly been very busy which is why I haven't been posting lately. Although I must admit, I really do appreciate all of the people that told me they missed reading what I have to write. It makes me realize that I really do have to finish my 75 miles no matter what...so I guess the advice that I should say my goal publicly really does work!

I went back to college this weekend...and to be completely honest I debated on whether or not I should even do 75 miles this month because of this weekend, and how unproductive, and self destructive, I knew I could potentially be. But because I committed to it on April 1st I decided that I was going to do as much as I could to keep up with my goal, despite the upcoming weekend of complete ridiculousness. I woke up at 530am on Friday to go for my run, knowing that I was going to be leaving work to drive to school as soon as I could. It actually felt really good to wake up so early. When I got outside, I realized it was pouring rain, which is my favorite weather to run in. I ended up doing 2 miles, and came back completely soaking wet. I managed to not only go for a run, but shower and do my hair and get to work on time. It makes me realize that if I know I have a busy day after work I can make the sacrifice and wake up early to get my run in :)

I got to college at around 10pm, and canceled out all of the hard work I did that morning by partying with my friends. Not the best of ideas, but hey, if you're going to go back to college for just a weekend, there's nothing wrong with pretending like you can still party like you're in college...right? Needless to say, waking up on Saturday morning wasn't fun, but I ran a mile nonetheless. The mile was actually so easy that I checked the treadmill 4 times, the time, how many laps I had done, and the distance off to the side, and it all said a mile. Still not believing the treadmill, I checked my phone and the clocks around me to see if it was possible to run a mile in the amount of time that I did. It ended up that I had indeed ran a mile, and I then knew that running Sunday morning shouldn't be that hard either.

Well, I was wrong. I partied a little bit harder on Saturday night, and Sunday morning a treadmill run was not happening. Because we were checking out of our hotel at 11am, I promised myself that I would run outside at some point before I went to bed. Well, ladies and gents, my streak is over. I felt so bad all day, and when I was at the point where I finally felt good enough to run, it was dark out and cold out, and I didn't have the proper clothes, so I made the executive decision to not run. I felt okay about it, and I know that the streak part of my goal isn't as important to me as making my milage. HOWEVER, I didn't run on Monday or Tuesday either. So now I'm in a rut. And I know I need to get out of it. In order to make my goal I need to run at least 3 miles a day for the rest of the month...and I will do just that...promise!

I also am making a goal for myself to treat my body a lot better than I did this weekend...including eating right and not drinking as much as I have been...looks like it's time to grow up and get my priorities straight!

Until tomorrow...

24 miles down/51 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment