Friday, April 16, 2010

In Need of Some Serious Help

This rut is not ending. If it weren’t for this blog and all of the people that I talk to on a daily basis on how far I’ve run, there is no way I would still be doing the challenge. There are a variety of factors that I think are going into this lack of motivation. The first one is that I am so unbelievably tired. I’m not sure if it’s because of allergy season or the fact that I’m still trying to catch up from last weekend, but all I ever want to do is come home and go to sleep. It also doesn’t help that I’ve had to stay at work later than usual lately, and by the time I get home I’m starving and just ready to relax. The weather also hasn’t been great (cold and cloudy), so I’ve been stuck on the treadmill all week and I don’t really have the chance to mix things up. My knees are starting to hurt too, and I’m just all over achy.

I know I have every excuse in the book right now, and I know that I need something to help me through the next two weeks. Before my run today, I had 48 more miles to go in exactly 2 weeks, which means 24 miles a week. I did 20 miles my first week, so what’s 4 more miles, right? I decided that instead of just allowing myself to go to the gym without a goal for the day, I am going to map out the rest of my month so I can ensure to get my goal completed by April 30. Here it is!

Friday, April 16: 4 miles/44 to go

Saturday, April 17: 3 miles/41 to go

Sunday, April 18: 3 miles/38 to go

Monday, April 19: 4 miles/34 to go

Tuesday, April 20: 3 miles/31 to go

Wednesday, April 21: 5 miles/26 to go

Thursday, April 22: 3 miles/23 to go

Friday, April 23: 3 miles/20 to go

Saturday, April 24: 4 miles/16 to go

Sunday, April 25: 2 miles/14 to go

Monday, April 26: 4 miles/10 to go

Tuesday, April 27: 3 miles/7 to go

Wednesday, April 28: 4 miles/ 3 to go

Thursday, April 29: 3 miles/0 to go

Friday, April 30: Leftover day

The way I’ve mapped it out, not only will I be done before the 30th, but if something comes up now I will know that I have that extra day in case I need to make up any miles! This doesn’t look too hard…I think I actually may have found some motivation to finish this challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment